Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee? Nope....
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-06-2024 - 01:00

I'll pass on this one...

I've served my country, and I even get the discount at DIY for showing my old Army Reserve ID...

Nowadays, I get paid to stay at home and grow oranges and lemons with a penion and a "gubmint" check every month from the RR Retirement Board... And, I already have an Amtrak retiree pass...

But thanks for the thought...

Everything I know, I was pretty much able to learn (albeit, sometimes the hard way...).. I just took some classes and learned how to use data and some math to try and get better answers to some of the questions about how and why folks travel, and what kinds of services they might be likely to use, and which options would likely be more cost "effective" and/or even "profitable" in to meet some of those travel demands.

But none of how one could and/or should use proper ecoonomic analysis to better design and operate a modern rail or transit systems in a more businesslike way is really very new, nor is it unique to me or my skill set...

Hopefully, there are some younger folks out there, who have the requisite skills, as well as the necessary maturity and integrity, who we can find to fill these posts...?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee El Gringo 01-05-2024 - 21:16
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee Capitan 01-05-2024 - 21:47
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee? Nope.... BOB2 01-06-2024 - 01:00
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee? Nope.... El Gringo 01-06-2024 - 19:52
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee FUD 01-06-2024 - 08:58
  Re: I've been a TRB "friend" for many years... But never did publish with them.... BOB2 01-06-2024 - 09:55
  Re: I've been a TRB "friend" for many years... But never did publish with them.... FUD 01-06-2024 - 13:35
  May I Suggest The Most Fully Qualified Candidate? BOB420 01-07-2024 - 18:21
  Re: May I Suggest The Most Fully Qualified Candidate? El Trolio 01-07-2024 - 20:29
  Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? Road trip! 01-08-2024 - 12:48
  Re: Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? Dirtpebble 01-08-2024 - 15:22
  Re: Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? El Trolio 01-09-2024 - 12:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com