Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee
Author: FUD
Date: 01-06-2024 - 08:58

The Real BOB2 could probably make some useful contributions, but they're not forming a research committee. They're looking for people actually working for those agencies now.

If (anybody, but especially BOB2) is interested in making contributions to transportation research, TRB has lots of committees that welcome "friends" who don't currently work in transportation-related jobs (but once did). Mostly university-type stuff, but occasionally interesting. Voting members have to be currently working for, and are nominated by, member agencies, but "friends" can help, and can register to do peer review on research papers. And of course you get all the junk email regarding the annual TRB conference (never been to that, even when I was working; in DC, too big, much much too expensive, and when I was working would have required the Governor's approval even if the state didn't pay for anything).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee El Gringo 01-05-2024 - 21:16
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee Capitan 01-05-2024 - 21:47
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee? Nope.... BOB2 01-06-2024 - 01:00
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee? Nope.... El Gringo 01-06-2024 - 19:52
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee FUD 01-06-2024 - 08:58
  Re: I've been a TRB "friend" for many years... But never did publish with them.... BOB2 01-06-2024 - 09:55
  Re: I've been a TRB "friend" for many years... But never did publish with them.... FUD 01-06-2024 - 13:35
  May I Suggest The Most Fully Qualified Candidate? BOB420 01-07-2024 - 18:21
  Re: May I Suggest The Most Fully Qualified Candidate? El Trolio 01-07-2024 - 20:29
  Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? Road trip! 01-08-2024 - 12:48
  Re: Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? Dirtpebble 01-08-2024 - 15:22
  Re: Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? El Trolio 01-09-2024 - 12:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com