Re: I've been a TRB "friend" for many years... But never did publish with them....
Author: FUD
Date: 01-06-2024 - 13:35

BOB2 Wrote:
> I had a colleague who used to say you predict when
> a blizzard would hit Washington DC, based upon the
> week in January that they hold the Annual TRB
> Meeting there... Some folks would even be foreced
> to use Amtrak to get to TRB in the NEC, when
> diverted to other airports...

Yeah, another reason to avoid the TRB conference unless presenting something...

First couple of times I went to DC for NCHRP project panels, flew into National and taxied to the hotel. They were in Georgetown at the time, long walk from any Metro stations. After they moved downtown, I'd fly into BWI and take Amtrak to town (cheaper and more schedule options on Southwest compared to United or America Worst to DCA). The panel meetings were the opposite of TRB: they were usually in summer (though one was at cherry blossom time) with heat and humidity.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee El Gringo 01-05-2024 - 21:16
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee Capitan 01-05-2024 - 21:47
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee? Nope.... BOB2 01-06-2024 - 01:00
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee? Nope.... El Gringo 01-06-2024 - 19:52
  Re: STB Seeks to Fill Vacancies on the Passenger Rail Advisory Committee FUD 01-06-2024 - 08:58
  Re: I've been a TRB "friend" for many years... But never did publish with them.... BOB2 01-06-2024 - 09:55
  Re: I've been a TRB "friend" for many years... But never did publish with them.... FUD 01-06-2024 - 13:35
  May I Suggest The Most Fully Qualified Candidate? BOB420 01-07-2024 - 18:21
  Re: May I Suggest The Most Fully Qualified Candidate? El Trolio 01-07-2024 - 20:29
  Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? Road trip! 01-08-2024 - 12:48
  Re: Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? Dirtpebble 01-08-2024 - 15:22
  Re: Will Angriest Joe appoint Angry Joe? How many times will the record be struck bcuz Professional Amtrak keeps saying Airline Boy and Dumbbutt? El Trolio 01-09-2024 - 12:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com