Here's A Comb For Those Ruffled Feathers
Author: Holly Gibson
Date: 04-29-2009 - 18:29

Holly (as if that's your real name),

Hmmmmm . . . is "Gimmeabreak" yours? Does any of it really matter one way or another?

Why do you continue to troll for reaction to topics that you know nothing about?

The topic was cameras facing into an operating compartment of a train or a bus and a belief by management (and others) that it will be a miraculous "solution" to the problem of people using cellphones in the workplace. The Metrolink board of directors, Connex and others actually subscribe to this nonsense. Do you?

First, nobody watches MSNBC - and for good reason.

That came from the TODAY Show. Good ol' NBC without the "MS". I think a few people still do watch it. And it was a video from a city transit bus in San Antonio, TX. The network that it's aired on really shouldn't enter into the equation all that much, but if you insist . . .

Second, WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH RUNNING A TRAIN?

Whether you're operating a train, a plane, a bus, a car, a boat, a jet ski or an elevator, the point that was being made was that text messaging and/or talking on a cellphone is not an appropriate activity to try to multi-task. It's a pretty simple premise, really. I don't know why you're reading so much more into it. My point was that on-board, inward facing cameras don't HALT people from engaging in that behavior. That's it. Period.

If you've never been in the cab at the controls, shut the hell up!

What's angered you more? My comments or the video of the transportation employee flagrantly violating company rules against cellphone use in the workplace? And whether or not I've ever had my hand at the controls of a train doesn't really affect anything about the content of that video.

You are clearly trolling for some kind of reaction that you aren't going to get from people who work in this field.

Well, I don't know whether you work in the field or not, but I DO KNOW this: I got a reaction from you! Hey, my work is done! ;)

Beat it.

Unless you're the owner and moderator of this Board, I believe I have about as much right to be here as you do. Here's an idea: If you don't like what you read here, you can always go to Trainorders.com.

I'll leave you with one more thought: That city bus was operating under "lonesome cab." Maybe if there had been an assistant bus driver, he would have told that yay-hoo to knock off the texting gig. ;D

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Holly Gibson 04-29-2009 - 16:43
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Gimmeabreak 04-29-2009 - 17:59
  Here's A Comb For Those Ruffled Feathers Holly Gibson 04-29-2009 - 18:29
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Itsyours 04-29-2009 - 18:37
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Really? 05-01-2009 - 13:14
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Dr Zarkoff 04-29-2009 - 19:42
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras BigDogsTX 04-29-2009 - 20:16
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras J 04-30-2009 - 04:43
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Scott Schiechl 04-30-2009 - 08:30
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Ernest H. Robl 04-30-2009 - 13:53
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Holly Gibson 04-30-2009 - 15:45
  A Detour to Discuss Crossing Safety J 04-30-2009 - 18:20
  Re: The Worthlessness Of Inward Facing Cameras Mark 04-30-2009 - 19:58
  The ADHD Angle & Greyhound(s) Riding Locomotives Holly Gibson 05-01-2009 - 17:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com