Re: W&I storage car question /track removal/Moscow abandonment posted.
Author: Dwight Small
Date: 07-20-2009 - 17:46

So the only track left in pullman will be the main line, no passing track or team track, no place for shippers to load? So if they decide to run a Cougar Special or anything there will be no place to run the power around the train?? What exactly was the purpose of the state buying the lines anyway, just to create a train only a preselected group of shippers could use.?
This just opens the door for every community along the line to do the same thing, Pullman got to do it, so why can't we---the first step on a very slippery slope! Pretty soon, you are only going to have a main line nothing more. Congrats Stan, hope you have a railroad to run when you get back. ALSO--Saturdays Lewiston Morning Tribune published a story about Watco filing to abandon the line from State Line to Moscow because no traffic has moved over the line for at least two years---what's the matter Stan, couldn't you jump over that missing rail Watco took out to keep you out of Moscow, you could have made it if you got a run at it, it's only 36 feet!!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  W&I storage car question /track removal Dick Zimmerman 07-17-2009 - 17:12
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal hepkema 07-17-2009 - 23:16
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal Matt Farnsworth 07-18-2009 - 07:05
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal hepkema 07-18-2009 - 22:19
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal Bill B 07-19-2009 - 14:24
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal Stan Patterson 07-19-2009 - 21:13
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal potlatcher 07-20-2009 - 13:33
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal/Moscow abandonment posted. Dwight Small 07-20-2009 - 17:46
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal/Moscow abandonment posted. Stan Patterson 07-20-2009 - 19:34
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal/Moscow abandonment posted. Wanda Peterson 07-21-2009 - 16:12
  Re: W&I storage car question /track removal/Moscow abandonment posted. Dale Simms 07-21-2009 - 16:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com