Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy
Author: SPKid
Date: 04-03-2011 - 10:56

Brains,
First of all, don’t kill the messenger. It never hurts to consider all views, but since you’ve asserted that I’m spreading disinformation, where are your facts that refute the assertions of what you call a “shill”?
Since you’ve made this an assault on my integrity for even posting the article, I feel compelled to respond. You take exception to the “odious” representation of “hired guns” but you offer no facts.
Who do you believe the construction costs to be, and what will be the total costs after servicing the bond? Who do you believe should service the bond, the riders with costs imbedded in the fares, or the California taxpayers?
Then, assume the HSR is even constructed, what number would you like to use to calculate the annual operating costs for labor, fuel, maintenance and depreciation?
Finally, what assumption would you like to use as to ridership?
Now, using your facts, or assumptions, what do you calculate the cost per passenger will be between L.A. and the Bay Area and please share that cost and your assumptions with all of us?
I ran these numbers some time ago, and the cost per passenger was outrageous, unless one assumes a highly inflated number of passengers. If I can find my old spreadsheet, I’ll be happy to share it. But meanwhile, since you’ve assaulted the integrity of the writer and me, perhaps you would like to share your assumptions and calculations and prove us wrong. I would be pleased to be proven wrong since I like trains we much as the next guy.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy SPKid 04-03-2011 - 08:58
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy brains 04-03-2011 - 10:01
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy SPKid 04-03-2011 - 10:56
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy BOB R 04-03-2011 - 11:30
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy Shannon 04-03-2011 - 10:55
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy synonymouse 04-03-2011 - 12:57
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy mook 04-03-2011 - 14:08
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy Tax Payer 04-04-2011 - 10:49
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy Z-Train 04-03-2011 - 14:34
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy Ostrum 04-04-2011 - 07:07
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy BOB R 04-04-2011 - 14:05
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy S. Forbes 04-04-2011 - 15:03
  THEY HAVEN'T EVEN SECURED THE ROW! LAWYERS 04-04-2011 - 16:00
  Re: THEY HAVEN'T EVEN SECURED THE ROW! George Andrews 04-04-2011 - 17:18
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy David R 04-05-2011 - 16:28
  Re: California high-speed rail: The next stop is bankruptcy T Judah 04-05-2011 - 20:15
  Re: CHSRA vs. Reason=Tweedle Dumb vs. Dumber BOB2 04-06-2011 - 06:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com