Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood
Author: Joshua Kind
Date: 01-01-2008 - 10:48

I happen to drive truck during the week and can tell you that All trucks making the turn at Rathdrum is a complete exaggeration. WDOT guys are frequently out at the jumpscale site stopping people for not going across the "Stateline" scale on 90. I take that route simply because I'm a foamer and because my company has a yard right off of Sullivan. I've been stopped and threatened with a $200 ticket but I'm not going across their stupid F'ing scale when I'm going to a location right off 290. If you're going farther west on 90 the Tokio scale is open most days and nights and there is no way of going around. So the "Bullracks" are going to have to cross one on there way to the Basin. As far as speeding goes one of the worst things I hate about running on 95 and 2 is the amount of drivers doing stupid stuff. Guess what most are people in SUV's with Idaho plates. Most company's strictly enforce the rules on their drivers because they are liable for the driver's. The hours of service laws are totally flawed right now and if I'm twenty minutes from my destination and out of hours I'm not stopping. I work on the Mt. Hood Railroad on the weekend and drive during the week so I can cruise around and chase trains. I drive my ass off to make time for "foamin'" but I'm not tryn' to be a total law breaker or dangerous. Most people break laws while they are driving and don't even realize it. I must say that trucks totally degrade the roads and most states roads are going to hell and trains are the most effective way to ship most goods. Every year the laws are getting stricter and there is no way you can afford to be a "Desporado". They WILL eventually catch you and are gonna go right for your wallet. Oregon and washington got their cameras up and they're keepin' track of what you're doing. No i'm not perfect like a lot of people on railroad forums. I'm just trying to make a living and have some fun doing it.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood Bruce Kelly 12-13-2007 - 15:40
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood Ross Hall 12-13-2007 - 17:04
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood Bruce Kelly 12-14-2007 - 07:16
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood hepkema 12-14-2007 - 07:53
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood Rich Hunn 12-16-2007 - 14:47
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood Dave Smith 12-19-2007 - 17:25
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood hepkema 12-20-2007 - 09:30
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood Dudley Doright 12-20-2007 - 10:32
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: Trucks & Scales George Andrews 12-20-2007 - 10:48
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: Trucks & Scales Bruce Kelly 12-20-2007 - 11:21
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: Hauser too... George Andrews 12-20-2007 - 18:40
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: Hauser too... Bruce Kelly 12-21-2007 - 07:37
  Re: Sandpoint, Idaho: There Goes the Neighborhood Joshua Kind 01-01-2008 - 10:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com