Re: Larkspur Ferry Connection-What is Practical about doing it poorly?
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-29-2017 - 08:21

Yes, it is entirely practical and doable to go off of the ROW, and across SFD Blvd. at Larkspur with an aerial crossing, with plenty of room for a ramp down to a surface or out to an elevated station, over a publicly owned parking lot. No building to take out.

It is not a problem with space or our capacity for modern engineering. It is simply, as you rightly noted, purely a matter of political will, and finding the necessary resources to do it right.

Political or institutional incompetence. political narcissism and ego mania, hysterical pandering, or lack of vision is not a problem with our knowledge of travel behavior or modern engineering. It is a problem with us, the voters, and our willingness, as a society to listen to fools to who tell us what we want to hear, vote for them, and then complain about it, because we find ourselves willing to be governed by idiots.

And, no mouse-brain, it is not a function of party label or trendy, but goofy, extreme ideologies. This disturbing trend of voters who listen to loudest mouthed and/or most delusional narcissistic politicians, who are often amoral fools willing to pander to the voters fear and ignorance, is exemplified as much by the large incompetent embarrassing orangutan that we have installed in the White House, as by the current majority of elitist nimby pandering idiots who make up the "non partisan" members of the Marin Board of Supes.

This incompetence is not really about the "left" or the "right", it is about us. It's about our willingness t listen to and vote for fools peddling nonsense to us, that we have all too often conditioned ourselves to mindlessly believe. But, which is all too often fairly mindless bull$#it, regardless of the brand or label. And, as George Carlin used to say, "it's bull$#it and it's bad for you....."

Back to RR's, this connection is doable and needs to be done right to work right.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection Dirty Hairy 05-26-2017 - 11:50
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection george manley 05-26-2017 - 14:25
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection Dirty Hairy 05-26-2017 - 15:44
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection ron 05-26-2017 - 16:52
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection mook 05-26-2017 - 17:19
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection BOB2 05-27-2017 - 15:05
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection Rdader 05-27-2017 - 15:35
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection.......... BOB2 05-27-2017 - 19:32
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection.......... synonymouse 05-27-2017 - 20:27
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection Joe Magruder 05-28-2017 - 07:42
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection Practical 05-29-2017 - 00:33
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection synonymouse 05-29-2017 - 01:18
  Re: Larkspur Ferry Connection-What is Practical about doing it poorly? BOB2 05-29-2017 - 08:21
  Re: Article On SMART-Larkspur Ferry Connection mook 05-29-2017 - 11:34
  Re: I can hardly believe I once saw men actually land of the friggin' moon, but we can't....... BOB2 05-29-2017 - 14:17
  Re: I can hardly believe I once saw men actually land of the friggin' moon, but we can't....... mook 05-29-2017 - 15:50
  Re: I can hardly believe I once saw men actually land of the friggin' moon, but we can't....... synonymouse 05-29-2017 - 17:48
  Re: I can hardly believe I once saw men actually land of the friggin' moon, but we can't....... NWPist 05-29-2017 - 19:08
  Re: I can hardly believe I once saw men actually land of the friggin' moon, but we can't....... synonymouse 05-29-2017 - 20:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com